The Nebraska Music Teachers Association is an organization of over 300 musicians dedicated to a practical role of artistic service in today’s society. NMTA provides cultural leadership through a wide variety of activities for teachers, students, and professional musicians. It promotes high professional standards in music and fulfills its responsibility to artistic and educational leadership in the state.
NMTA was founded in 1916. NMTA is affiliated with Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), which has a membership of over 24,000 musicians nationwide.
Latest NMTA News
FTC Antitrust Compliance Guide
Please click here for the MTNA Antitrust Compliance Guide.
- Make plans now to attend the 2017 NMTA State Conference October 12-13 at Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln.
- The Annual Meeting of the NMTA Membership is Friday, October 13, 2017 at 12:15PM in Prairie Wolf A & B of the Story Student Center, Nebraska Wesleyan University. All NMTA members are encouraged to attend.
- Applications for the $500 NMTA Travel Grant to attend the 2018 MTNA National Conference at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida on March 17-21 are now being accepted. Details can be found in the Summer 2017 Newsletter, located elsewhere on this website. Deadline for applications is November 15, 2017.
- Article submissions for the Winter 2018 NMTA Newsletter are due December 1, 2017. Send articles to Larry Jones, Newsletter Editor at: email@example.com Submissions must be Word documents, 10-point Times New Roman font, single spaced, double space between paragraphs.
- The NMTA Executive Committee is accepting nominations for the 2018 NMTA Service Award. See the Summer 2017 Newsletter for details. Nomination deadline is January 10, 2018.
- Session proposals for the 2018 NMTA State Conference will be accepted until January 15, 2018. Send proposals to NMTA President-elect Gail Dunning at firstname.lastname@example.org. Details can be found in the Summer 2017 Newsletter.
The Summer 2017 Newsletter is now available online, just click "About Us/Newsletter" at the top of this page. The Newsletter is published online only. If you need a hard copy and are unable to print it yourself, please contact Larry Jones, Newsletter Editor, at email@example.com, 402.483.4531.