The Nebraska Music Teachers Association is an organization of over 300 musicians dedicated to a practical role of artistic service in today’s society. NMTA provides cultural leadership through a wide variety of activities for teachers, students, and professional musicians. It promotes high professional standards in music and fulfills its responsibility to artistic and educational leadership in the state.
NMTA was founded in 1916. NMTA is affiliated with Music Teachers National Association (MTNA), which has a membership of over 24,000 musicians nationwide.
Please look through our website to learn more about us or to find a music teacher.
Latest NMTA News
FTC Antitrust Compliance Guide
Please click here for the MTNA Antitrust Compliance Guide.
- The Annual Meeting of the NMTA Association will be held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, on Friday, October 22, 2021 at 12:15 PM. All NMTA members are encouraged to attend. Please check the State Conference page for the name of the meeting room on the UNL campus.
- NMTA members can apply for a Travel Grant of a maximum $750 for travel expenses to attend an MTNA-related conference during 2022. Deadline for applications is November 15, 2021. See the NMTA Summer Newsletter for more information.
- Article submissions are currently being accepted for the Winter 2022 issue of the NMTA Newsletter. Submission deadline is December 1, 2021. Send articles to Gail Dunning, Newsletter Editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org Submissions must be Word documents, 10-point Times New Roman font, single spaced, double space between paragraphs.
- The NMTA Executive Committee is accepting nominations for the 2022 NMTA Teacher of the Year Award. The award will be presented at the 2022 Fall Conference. Qualifications: 1. Member in good standing of NMTA/MTNA for the past five consecutive years; 2. Demonstrated excellence in teaching as evidenced through festivals, competitions, student recitals, and other musical activities; 3. The award recipient must not have received the award within any of the previous ten years; 4. Nominee must have held at least one local or state-wide appointed or elected office; 5. No one currently serving on the NMTA Executive Committee is eligible for this award. Send your nomination, along with a brief statement of why this person deserves this recognition, to Gail Dunning at: email@example.com Deadline for submission is January 10, 2022.
- Nominations for 2023 MTNA Fellow will be accepted by the Executive Committee until January 10, 2022. The nominee must be someone who has not already received this honor (see the list of Fellows on the Teacher Awards page). Send your nomination to Gail Dunning at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An NMTA member or NMTA-affiliated group may apply for an NMTA Workshop Grant of up to $1,000. Application deadline is February 15, 2022. Contact Gail Dunning at: email@example.com for more information.
The Summer 2021 Newsletter is now available online, just click "About Us/Newsletter" at the top of this page. The Newsletter is published online only. If you need a hard copy and are unable to print it yourself, please contact Larry Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 402.483.4531.