Nebraska State Festival
** No State Festival for 2020, but we will be hosting an eFestival.
NMTA sponsors a non-competitive State Festival in the fall of each year. In order to qualify for the NMTA pre-college performance festival, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Receive a Superior or Excellent rating in a Nebraska District Festival
- Complete the sight reading requirements at a District Festival
- Receive a passing score on the theory (60% and above) and musicianship test (performance rating of II or above) at a District Festival
- Observe suggested repertoire requirements
- Study with a teacher who is an active member of MTNA (teachers must be an active member by August 31 with all association dues paid)
- Participate at the proper level in the District Festival to qualify for State Festival
This is a non-competitive performance opportunity. Students receive ratings on their performances, general evaluations of their scales, and scores on the test on theory and musicianship.
For More Information:
Please refer to the NMTA Festival Competitions Manual below for more detailed instructions.
Please refer to the Competitions page for all questions regarding the MTNA and the NMTA (NE only) competitions.
For festival related questions, send an e-mail to: email@example.com
NMTA Student Festival and Competitions Manual Revised 2017
NMTA Theory Guidelines – Level 1A-4B
Level 1A Theory Test Sample – 03/18
Level 1B Theory Test Sample – 07/19
Level 2A Theory Test Sample – 07/19
Level 2B Theory Test Sample – 07/19
Level 3A Theory Test Sample – 07/19
Level 3B Theory Test Sample – 07/19
Level 4A Theory Test Sample – 07/19
Level 4B Theory Test Sample – 07/19
Glossary Level 1A/1B – 03/18
Glossary Level 2A/2B – 08/18
Glossary Level 3A/3B – 08/18
Glossary Level 4A/4B – 08/18
How to Register Students:
|Location:||University of Nebraska-Lincoln|